Over the last few years Bettina has been speaking out about the so-called ‘rape crisis’ on our campuses. She was the only journalist in mainstream media to point out that the 2017 Human Rights Commission survey revealed remarkably good news about our campuses, with only tiny numbers of students reporting sexual assault, even when that was defined in the broadest possible terms i.e. including a stranger touching a student on a train to the university. The NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics has shown universities are 100 times safer for young women than the rest of the community.
Bettina is appalled that our universities are kowtowing to a small group of feminist activists and agreeing to lie about the safety of our universities for young women – risking deterring overseas families from sending their daughters to study in this country.
What’s behind the campus rape campaign?
What really concerns her is the motive behind the activists’ campaign. These feminists are unhappy about the fact that juries rarely convict in he-said she said date rape cases when they don’t know whom to believe. Their aim is to get more rape convictions by persuading universities to get involved in adjudicating sexual assault cases using lower standards of proof and by failing to offer the accused normal legal protections – as has happened in America.
Universities introducing legislation to adjudicate rape cases
Some Australian universities are already moving in this direction.
Here is a list of universities that have introduced new regulations to investigate and adjudicate sexual assault on campus.
Bettina’s campus tour
Bettina has now embarked on a campus tour, speaking to student groups at universities across Australia, seeking to promote honest discussion about this issue and expose the reasons why activists are promoting such untruths about student safety.
Please support her crowdfunder raising money to support the tour. This is designed to cover costs of Bettina’s travel plus extra security, when this is required.
What’s happened so far
Here is her video outlining the major events which have happened so far.
Her first campus talk took place at La Trobe University in September 2018. The talk was initially scheduled for August but La Trobe administrators decided to ban the event, claiming it did not align with the values of the university. After some negotiation, the university revised their decision and the talk was rescheduled. When it finally took place The La Trobe Uni event proved very difficult with noisy protesters doing their best to drown out Bettina’s talk and the security guards doing nothing to control them.
Riot squad needed to control protesters at Sydney University
But at her second talk, at Sydney University demonstrators took things to a different level. The student group which sponsored her talk were required to pay nearly $500 in security charges to obtain a venue and then these guards were overwhelmed by unruly protesters who blocked the corridor leading to the venue preventing most of the audience from attending the event. Members of the audience were threatened, physically jostled, some even flung against walls by the aggressive crowd prior to the riot squad being called in by security to control the protesters before Bettina’s talk could go ahead.
Bettina approached the University seeking a refund of the security fee – which was paid for partially by her crowd-funder. The University refused to reimburse that money.
Formal complaint to the University
She’s also asked for formal complaints to be made against protest organisers. She’s provided the university with extensive video footage showing these organisers at the event leading abusive chants against Bettina and stirring the protesters into action. These protesters proudly proclaim ownership for the demonstration, stating they intended to stop Bettina speaking on campus.
See Bettina’s video naming the key protesters and spelling out the ways they breached the University’s codes of conduct and bullying and harassment policies. Here she reveals some amazing stories about past activities of the key troublemakers.
The violent protest against Bettina has led the Federal Education Minister Dan Tehan to get involved. He has been consulting with Bettina seeking details of what happened and meeting with Vice Chancellors proposing universities charge protesters with security fees rather than the people they protest against. The Federal government also set up an inquiry into free speech at our campuses.
An investigation has been made by Sydney University into the protest but Bettina has heard nothing more regarding the outcome. The University has a record of failing to act on such complaints so we are not hopeful that they will be willing to enforce their codes of conduct.
Since then, Bettina spoke at Macquarie University.
The 2019 Campus Tour
Plans are being made for a big start to the 2019 campus tour. Keep an eye on her Facebook page for more details as they come in. We will provide updates on all future developments. Watch this space.
Here are some of Bettina’s major articles about the fake rape crisis on our campuses:
- Campus Rape Frenzy.This was the first article Bettina wrote on this issue, tracking the years of campaigning by feminists to promote the false idea that campuses are crawling with rapists. http://www.bettinaarndt.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Campaign-of-Fear.pdf
- The Columbia Mattress Girl.Bettina reveals the motivations of the feminists in promoting the fake rape crisis, namely to achieve more convictions in date rape cases by persuading universities to get involved in investigating and determining such cases. This is already happening in America, leading to many young men’s lives being ruined by false accusations and universities losing a succession of law suits over their failure to offer proper legal protection for these men. http://www.bettinaarndt.com.au/wp-content/uploads/In-The-Accusers-Favour.pdf
- No Rape Crisis on Campuses.This is Bettina’s article announcing the good news from the Human Rights Commission survey – that our universities are very safe for young women. http://www.bettinaarndt.com.au/news/great-news-no-rape-crisis-on-our-campuses/
- Adelaide University Investigates Rape.Australian universities are foolishly getting involved in investigating and determining rape cases. Read Bettina’s story of a PhD student under investigation by a committee at the University of Adelaide. Read article – Tilting Laws. And watch her YouTube video here, where she talks to the student about his ordeal.
- Sexual Consent – Yes, No, Maybe.Students across the country are being required to complete sexual consent courses which place all the responsibility for sexual activity entirely on the shoulders of young men, with women seen only as passive victims. Read Bettina’s article on these courses. Here is the YouTube video she made about the courses.